Join us on Monday nights as we learn the practice of Chenrezig meditation. The guided meditation starts at 7:30pm and will end about 9:00pm.
- Chenrezig or Avalokiteshvara is the Buddha of Compassion.He (or she, depending on the country) is seen as the embodiment of loving-kindness and compassion. His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama, is seen as the actual physical manifestation of Chenrezig by Tibetan Buddhists.
- Chenrezig meditation is a visualization practice where we use Chenrezig as our guide to develop sincere and profound compassion for all sentient beings. It gives the practitioner the opportunity to transform the mind into one of great compassion and wisdom, our Buddha nature.
- We will learn how to incorporate the Four Immeasurables into our lives.
- We will recite and study the Seven Limb Prayer that purifies and accumulates positive potential.
- We will guide ourselves in the visualization process of Chenrezig and do mantra recitations (OM MANI PADME HUM).
- We will also practice with the Eight Verses of Thought Transformation.